National Geographic Countries of the World: Australia
Kate Turner (Author)
You Pay: $9.72
You Save 65%
Out of stock
National Geographic welcomes you to Australia, the only country that's also a continent.
National Geographic welcomes you to Australia, the only country that's also a continent:
- Australia's landscape varies from endless sun-baked horizons to dense tropical rainforest to chilly southern beaches.
- The Commonwealth of Australia is a constitutional monarchy and has a parliamentary system of government.
- Australia's population has quadrupled since WWI, with most Australians descended from immigrants, the majority from Great Britain and Ireland.
- The indigenous population is also increasing, and perceived racial inequality is an ongoing political problem.
- With a robust internationally competitive economy, long-term concerns include pollution, particularly depletion of the ozone layer, and management and conservation of coastal areas, especially the Great Barrier Reef.
|Lexile ® Measure
|Ages 10 to 12, Ages 13 to 15
|National Geographic Books