Math Fluxx Card Game
Math Fluxx is really all about the numbers. Players use positive integers (whole numbers) in their quest to achieve a very mathematical goal. With Math Fluxx, the fun is exponential!
Fluxx begins with one basic rule: Draw one card, Play one card. You start with a hand of three cards… add the card you drew to your hand, and then choose one card to play, following the directions written on your chosen card. As cards are drawn and played from the deck, the rules of the game change from how many cards are drawn, played or even how many cards you can hold at the end of your turn.
This version of Fluxx has all the educational benefits of the original Fluxx, and adds constant mental math practice using the four basic operations. In addition, it lightly introduces the ideas of place value, order of operations, factoring, prime and composite numbers, odd and even numbers, sequences, fractions, rounding, pi, and exponents (however, these concepts are not required to play the game).
Math Fluxx will make a great addition to your game collection!
- Supports reading comprehension and strengthens communication skills
- Fosters resilience, flexibility, cooperation, and other social skills
- Reinforces the use of basic mental math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Introduces several more advanced mathematics concepts, but does not require them
- Time to play: 5-40 minutes
- Number of players: 2-6
- Ages 8+, a great fit for middle schoolers
|Product Type||Games and Activities|
|Primary Contributor||Looney Labs|
|Age Groups||Ages 7 to 9, Ages 10 to 12, Ages 13 to 15|