First Book’s Friendiversary is an annual celebration of our two favorite things: friendship and reading. A "Friendiversary" is the anniversary of the day a friendship - like that of Elephant and Piggie, the stars of Mo Willems' award-winning early reader series - began. Last year, kids in 31 states and the District of Columbia celebrated their Friendiversary, and this year we want to celebrate with kids in every state – including yours!
COOL! WHEN IS IT?
On February 26, 2013, First Book will be celebrating Friendiversary with kids across the country! If that date doesn’t work for you, no problem – you can celebrate any day that week!
MY KIDS WOULD LOVE FRIENDIVERSARY! HOW CAN WE JOIN IN THE FUN?
All you have to do is:
- Order Mo Willems’ Elephant and Piggie books – enough so every child gets at least one! – from First Book. If you order our special four-title mixed carton, you’ll get 40 books (10 each of four wonderful Elephant and Piggie titles). You’ll also get a big envelope of fun stuff, including:
- An Elephant and Piggie standee
- A special Mo Willems poster!
- A Friendiversary activity kit
- Stickers for your whole class
- More fun than you can believe can fit in an envelope, even a big one!
- Put Friendiversary on your calendar and tell all your friends, especially other eligible programs, schools and classrooms, so they can join the fun, too.
- Bake a cake, plan an assembly or classroom celebration, decorate your room, and do the Friendiversary dance. It’s almost Friendiversary time!
THE FRIENDIVERSARY DANCE?
Click here for more excellent Mo Willems titles!
Questions? Ask the Friendiversary Experts on the First Book Help Team!